Thursday, April 21, 2011

Read: What the Blog? And a tasty treat!

To the readers of this blog, (All three of you)

You may have noticed the output on this blog has slowed down to a snail's pace in the last few weeks, maybe even bordering on a month now.  Well allow me to explain. In the last couple of months I have taken on some other projects.  As you know I do a monthly podcast RetroFlickFillet and I've been writing reviews for AlteredRealtiesRadio website. In addition to those, I have also started up a blog which will also be home to my new podcast, EvilEpisodesPodcast which is a project I am pretty passionate in my fandom about (the horror genre, tv-based horror, no-less). 

On top of all this I have been back in the working world, and even though it is technically a "part-time" job, workload has been pretty steady and more days than not I am staying in the office longer to help out. At this point in life working a real-world job is a necessity.(Full-time work could be on the horizen, as well) I am not now nor may I ever be compensated monitarily for the stuff I do, and that is fine, I am doing it out of my own personal enjoyment, and the enjoyment of others who get a kick out of reading my stuff, however with that said it also means I must still have a day job in order to pay bills and enjoy any type of social life.

Balancing all three(plus real-world job)equally has been quite the task.  To clarify, no complaints here, I really enjoy everything I am doing (otherwise I they wouldn't have made it past a few weeks of interest in the first place) however the reality is, out of all three things I do, this blog is probably the most expendable. I enjoy sharing with everyone all the stuff I like to read, listen, watch, play etc etc, however because I mostly just paste stuff in here from other sources, this is easily the least original content driven of all my projects.  That is a good thing perse, when it comes to time and effort as it doesn't take much of either to embed a video, however bad, because that is not how I originally envisioned this blog.  If you look through the archives I used to offer a lot more of my own opinion and critique on the stuff I posted in here.  Over the last month, the nature of the blog entries have changed into me just saying "Look...this is pretty cool..."   *rinse*wash*repeat*

The blog isn't going anywhere but I might sacrifice the quanity of posts for quality of the posts.  When I post a movie trailer or a video game cover, I want to be able to accompany more than just a quick quip about how it looks.  When I comment on a video game I want to be able to let everyone know what I think beyond "This rocks" Get the point?  I also want to get back to actually doing movie reviews/rants/commentary on here like I did before.  I will leave my horror stuff to the other blog, but I watch a ton of stuff  besides horror and I want to continue sharing that experience as well.

I hope you've enjoyed me taking this all way too seriously for a blog that probably barely five people actually read, so with that said, here is a "COOL VIDEO" to check out....lol.

Always been a huge Mac & Cheese guy.  It has been sort of like Pizza to me.(There is no bad, just good and better). Whether it is the cheap-o Kraft instant, or the super-gourmet homemade style with the crusty breading on top.  Yum.  With that said, I admittingly have never had anything like the Mac & Cheese concoction you are about to witness.  But, I'd definitely try it........Yep, it must be.....




No comments:

Stuff I geek out about!

My photo
Sacramento, California, United States
If I enjoy something, it could end up being talked about in this blog!