Thursday, June 12, 2008

Disc Golf.....

So I have amped up the amount of disc golfing I have been doing over the past couple of months. My brother-in-law got me interested in this sport/activity about five years ago. I used to go through these phases where I would go a bunch within a couple of weeks, and I would show a little improvement, but then end up not going again for a few months at a time, so the little amount of improved skill would usually evaporate.

Over the last couple of months I have gone at least once a week, and usually to courses that have 18 holes/baskets. I have gone as far as grass valley, and can't wait break my cherry on some courses farther away, like Navato, CA & Santa Cruz.

The only problem is that the best time to do this with the group I go with, is on the weekends, and that is always going to cut into family time, which is not something to be cutting into on a regular basis. (well without hearing about it later) It's ok when the course is close to my house because an 18 basket course can be busted out in a couple of hours, but once we start taking road trips to courses that take an hour or more to get to, we run into problems and conflict....

My long distance drive is getting better(but can never be "too long"), but I still need tons of work on my putting. Well isn't that ironic, I just got a text to setup a gameplan for some Friday afternoon disc golfing......I guess that's my que to end this entry.....

No comments:

Stuff I geek out about!

My photo
Sacramento, California, United States
If I enjoy something, it could end up being talked about in this blog!