Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Play: PS3 - To Move or not to Move?

I initially had little interest in motion control for my PS3.  Already owning a wii, I have seen first hand how it is initially pretty fun because it was something new, but after the "hey this is neat" effect wears off, it comes down to the games themselves, and it started to feel gimmicky.   Supposedly the Move's motion detection is off the charts compared to the wii.  Also the games look much better, not to mention there is support for one game I already own which is Resident Evil 5.

Also, the starter pack is $100, which is not bad for the Camera, controller, & game.  Most of the move's games are only $40 as well instead of the $60 price point of the standard games. Now the only downside for me personally, is that I already own the PS3 eye camera.  I bought it for purposes other than gaming.  I like to do video chat on it cause my best friend lives out of state for the time being.  The price for the sports game and controller comes to only $10 less than the Move bundle.   If I could find an interested party to buy my PS3 eye, ten that would help, but at this stage in the game, not sure anyone who would just want the camera alone.

Like I said, still not 100% sure I want to get the move, but the fact that it is really just buying a controller and a game, rather then having to buy a new console, makes me think it is at least worth checking out.

What say you, To move or not to move?

No comments:

Stuff I geek out about!

My photo
Sacramento, California, United States
If I enjoy something, it could end up being talked about in this blog!