Tuesday, July 29, 2008

I might start dieting again...



So, I haven't been dieting in a few months, instead I have been going to the gym. I haven't gained any weight back but I am not losing it as fast/as much as I was when I was dieting & going to the gym. The only trade-off would be to go the gym more frequently and/or step up the difficulty of my workout and really I am not trying to go more then 3-4 times a week which I currently do.

Low Carb dieting(which I was doing) wasn't really hard perse, but one thing it did that I did not appreciate was take away the spontanuity of eating. If you know me, you know I like food. I enjoy constantly trying different things at the drop of a hat. If I get home from work or the gym and I feel like sushi, chinese, thai, indian, mexican, vietnanmese, italian etc etc etc....then I want to be able to go get some of that and enjoy what I am eating without having to worry about every drop I am eating. This doesn't mean I need to GORGE myself with whatever food I am eating, but nonetheless I want to eat what I want to eat when I want to eat. This also doesn't mean I am not going to have common sense enough to try and cut out junk-ier type stuff like chips & most snack food.

I think I am just going to try something new starting monday, which is to basically eat fruit for breakfast and lunch and then just eat whatever the hell I want for dinner, but a reasonable portion. I won't go back for seconds and thirds or do the whole "well shit, it's just sitting there....I better eat it before it gets tossed" routine that I always talk myself into, lol.

Hopefully this, coupled with the gym will help get my weight-loss results back to speed to where they were when I was low carb dieting + going to the gym. Oh and yeah the low carb diet did work and all, but I just don't like the idea of having to convince myself that I am never going to eat certain types of foods for the rest of my life in order to stay fit....I just can't do something like that forever. If need be, I can always go back to low carb for a limited time though, that is plan b.

Happy hunting!!! (For your next meal that is)




No comments:

Stuff I geek out about!

My photo
Sacramento, California, United States
If I enjoy something, it could end up being talked about in this blog!