Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Summa Summa Summa tiiiiiiiiiiime......

Well it has been another pretty good summer. I say that in the past tense as if the hot weather is over. Yesterday it was over 100 degrees and we are two days from October. Sacramento is known from going straight from Summer to Winter and vice versa, but this year is really pushing the boundary between that phrase being an exaggeration and actual truth.

As far as what I did this summer, I spent a few weekends river rafting. Had a blast. So much in fact that in the future I will be looking to invest in some higher quality rafts. The kind you can actually move around in and sit on the sides, not just the cheap inflatable ones you basically have to lay in. Don't get me wrong, those are fun too, but you feel a little bit helpless in them and not in very much control, plus it is nice to be sitting up on the raft rather than in it for obvious reasons, such as more room for the cooler of beverages!

I spent some down in Southern California, dabbled a bit in Hollywood, which was cool. The highlight of that trip was my adventure at SModcastle.(Kevin Smith's live podcast theater) Met up with a couple dudes I know via facebook and their podcast Bagged & Boarded. Had a blast. That was definitely the type of thing I would do a lot more often if I lived in closer proximity.

Had a few bbqs, but overall it was a down year for bbq gatherings. Not sure why, I guess time just flew by. Of course if you know me, the changing of seasons is hardly a reason for me to stop bbqing anyway......

I think that is about it outside the normal summer adventures me and my friends/family partake in every year. Just another typical long, hot California summer!

I'll be headed to apple hill for a day next month, hopefully it was cooled way down.

No comments:

Stuff I geek out about!

My photo
Sacramento, California, United States
If I enjoy something, it could end up being talked about in this blog!