Thursday, September 30, 2010

What I've been watching on TV lately....

Boardwalk Empire started a couple of weeks ago and it is pretty good so far. It is hard to make a "bad" gangster tv show, but it is probably equally as hard to make one that separates itself from the pack. I never felt The Sopranos lived up to it's hype after the 2nd season, so it is nice to see a show about a different era of the mob and some new fresh casting choices.

Dexter season 5 just started. What else do I need to say? Besides Big Love, this is probably my favorite show currently going. I don't want to say much because it would be hard to talk about this season premiere without spoiling events from the past season. Lets just say, if you don't watch Dexter, START....NOW.

SNL just started up again. The season debut was kind of flat. Katy Perry was the musical guest and she kind of sucked a lot, live. Not surprisingly. The show itself, was just ok. Cameos by Justin Timberlake(yes, again) did not make matters any better. Why Andy Sandburg, Why?

Weeds is going strong in season 6, I like this season a lot more than seasons 4 & 5. Not quite back to the strength of Seasons 1-3(which really was probably the ideal way to end the series).

Top Chef D.C. just wrapped up, and Top Chef: just desserts has started. The desserts version is just ok, not as strong as the normal show. What is going to kill though, is Top Chef all-stars. Basically all the people over the first six seasons who came in 2nd or 3rd place, are all coming back to compete again.

Ultimate Fighter: Team GSP vs. Team Kosceck is pretty good so far. I have been surprised at how low-key Kosceck has been so far, but I remember the preview for this week's episode showing a scuffle involving him I thing(it aired last night, I have it DVR'd).

With October coming up, TCM is doing it's usual halloween-themed movies, so be sure to get your Hammer-horror on. British takes on classic Universal movie monsters. Some are fantastic, some are bad, and others are just so bad they are good for different reasons!

Well this could probably go on forever, but I'd rather not. So let me leave you with some fan made opening credits(although they might be the real thing, I certainly hope so) for my most anticipated new show of the fall season: "The Walking Dead" on AMC!



No comments:

Stuff I geek out about!

My photo
Sacramento, California, United States
If I enjoy something, it could end up being talked about in this blog!