Friday, December 10, 2010

Watch A Zombie....like you've never seen on film before! *trust me here*

For my submission into the 2010 Zombie Walk parade, I am going to have a little fun with my entry. Instead of the usual zombie-related debates(walking vs. running; what's better Night or Dawn, etc etc) I am going to pose a question that is probably the furthest from anyone's mind, and quite frankly might get me run outta town by all you zombie loving fans. Hell I am still questioning the bomb of a question I am about to pose to the Zombie-fan community. Fuck it, here goes:

Can it be argued that, Weekend At Bernie's 2  is a Voodoo Zombie movie, and not merely just a comedy?

Before immediately registering on this website to cue up some rapid hate mail responses. Watch the trailer, provided for you right here...



All the elements are there:
  • Bernie is Dead
  • Bernie is up and walking around...but still, dead
  • Bernie has risen due to voodoo
  • Tropical island setting
  • Impervious to pain and traditional pain infliction
  • Has no trouble existing under water(doesn't need to breathe)
I'd say the only element clearly missing is an appetite for Brains, but that could easily be explained because Bernie is not part of the zombie apocalypse, or infected by a "zombie disease" here is merely a victim of post-mortem black magic aka VOODOO~!

Also, come on, Tery Kiser's performance as the living dead Bernie Lowmax must be considered one of the best performances by an actor portraying a member of the Living Dead in the history of film.  He was pretty convincing as a dead guy.

So what do you guys think?  Is my premise plausible?

Should we all hold out for....

Weekend At Bernies III: Bernie gets HUNGRY!

Feedback is appreciated!

2 comments:

Sharon Day said...

I have to say Weekend at Bernie's is one of my fav's. #2 cracked me up too! Brilliant way to continue the series! Man, I don't know how he played that part but was the most brilliant acting without dialogue ever.

AnythingHorror said...

Great post Mike!! I love the tongue-in-cheek kind of humor here, and ya actually make a helluva case for WEEKEND AT BERNIE'S being a voodoo zombie flick!!

Nice job!!

Blog Archive

Stuff I geek out about!

My photo
Sacramento, California, United States
If I enjoy something, it could end up being talked about in this blog!