Friday, October 15, 2010

Beer and more beer...plus friends, family & football

So I might have mentioned before in an earlier entry, but this Saturday me and Jen are hosting Ruben's 28th b-day party here, which will include a keg of Heineken. Yes, a keg. It's not even like we are inviting 50 people or anything, but the way I see it, any leftover beer can be used the next day for football, which brings me to this Sunday of football.

Two huge games that call for drinking and yelling at the tv take place. The Cowboys vs. Vikings is an obvious choice here. Both teams are 1-3 and desperately looking for a win. The Cowboys also have the revenge factor in mind after the beating the Vikings game them in the playoffs, and I believe Keith Brooking also whined about it a little saying the Vikes were being jerks about it in the closing minutes of the game. Funny how this is coming from a guy who regularly acts like a typical jock D-bag during the game and during the pre-game. I mean have you seen any of his truly lame pre-game "hype" speeches? Wow. And then you have the Vikings, who are in equally desperate need for a win. Brett Favre seems to be hurt or just really sore in the elbow, but I am sure he will find a way to get himself on the field. Should be a good game, it's in Minnesota. Obviously I am rooting for the Cowboys to lose.

Then you have a game with local flavor to these parts, Oakland Raiders @ 49ers. Two fan bases located within mere miles of each other. They basically occupy each other's space. These two teams are separated by the Bay Bridge and some water. I have friends/family who are fans of both teams, and it will be pretty wild in the living room once this game kicks off.

Of course the dilemma is, both games are on at the same time. Well that is what *cough*alternative means*cough* are for. Because of the fan base, no doubt 49ers vs. Raiders will be on the 50" plasma, however Vikes vs. Cowboys will be on the other TV in the bedroom, and probably also playing "somewhere else which I will not speak of"

Then after the preview games are done, my 'Skins are in for a challenge in a showdown against Manning & The Colts on Sunday Night Football.......by this time I am sure everyone will be drunk all over again...it will be like the party from Saturday never ended......

So hopefully I survive and this blog continues next week......I usually still do some entries on the weekend, but who knows what state of mind I will be in starting tomorrow.

Everyone have a fun & safe weekend!

P.S. Do I need a "drop your keys here" jar for Saturday? Hmmm....

P.S.x2: Apple Hill trip is being delayed I think. Not 100% but looking like it. Plus hell, 84 degrees tomorrow? Umm forget that....I like it to be in the 70's for outside endeavors.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Stuff I geek out about!

My photo
Sacramento, California, United States
If I enjoy something, it could end up being talked about in this blog!