Thursday, October 7, 2010

Cooking is fun, but.....

I can understand why more people don't cook a lot of meals the old-fashioned "from scratch" way. It takes time. All the prep, cooking time etc etc....having to go through trial and error to make sure everything is timed perfectly so one dish isn't long done and getting cold while something else still needs to be done.

I find cooking enjoyable, and pretty rewarding, especially when trying new things, from new recipes, however with the limit on time most people have for daily meals, I can understand why more people don't do it.

Sometimes after work, when you have a rather small window to get everything done, and then make dinner etc etc, it is going to be Chinese takeout, or pizza delivery, or hell, even a burger from the local fast food establishment. Or something scrounged out of the freezer that gets nuked.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Stuff I geek out about!

My photo
Sacramento, California, United States
If I enjoy something, it could end up being talked about in this blog!